Tips to get started
At Process Art House, we have made it possible for virtually everyone to experience original, high quality art work through our art leasing program. Homeowners, renters, and business owners alike can add style and sophistication to any space, regardless of the size of your budget.
If you have just begun the process of leasing artwork, we’d like to give you a hearty welcome by sharing some helpful tips to get you started.
- Go for variety - Especially for young, inexperienced art lovers, we recommend selecting pieces from a wide variety of genres. In doing so, you will expose yourself and those around you to art work you might normally shy away from. By broadening your horizons, you may just end up with a new favorite genre or artist!
- Rotate often - As often as your budget allows, try rotating your selected pieces with new pieces from our gallery. We currently offer leases in 3, 6, or 12 month periods. Try to rotate in new artwork as frequently as possible so that you can experience a wide variety of works. This will help you determine which type of artwork speaks to you.
- Lease to own - We fully understand that sometimes there is a piece that you simply “must own.” Because of this phenomenon, we’ve initiated a “Lease to Own” option that allows you to make payments on your beloved work of art for 24 months. If you fall in love with a piece of art that you’ve leased on a rotation schedule, you can opt to extend the lease or simply purchase it when your lease expires.
- Reap the benefits - In addition to giving your clients an ever-changing environment; there are financial benefits that accompany leasing art as well. For example: you may be able to include your art leasing costs with your overall operating expenses (for business owners). This would mean that you could write off the costs of art leasing; however, always consult a tax professional to verify this.
- Take center stage - If you are a real estate agent or a staging professional, art leasing is a great way to spruce up any home for a fraction of the cost. Adorning the property in question with eye-popping artwork will give potential home buyers a much better first impression than bare walls or outdated wall décor. It’s been shown that quality staging makes for higher offers and faster turn arounds on real estate properties.
- Sample, sample, sample! - Whether you’re a business owner, real estate staging company or simply a homeowner looking to decorate your own place, taking advantage of Process Art House’s leasing program will give you the unique opportunity to experience a wide variety of work. Be sure to request pieces from different artists, in different genres and in an array of color schemes.
Most importantly, we recommend that you stand back and enjoy the art that you’ll have the privilege of leasing. Just as in an art museum, many pieces of art can be great conversation starters, and can spur interesting internal dialogue as well!